Rock My South Africa, eSwatini & Mozambique AdventureDo you love being surrounded by nature, beautiful landcapes, live music, being by the ocean, incredible wildlife, going on adventures and meeting local people? Then the Rock My South Africa, eSwatini & Mozambique Adventure is the trip for you!
Starting off in Johannesburg, South Africa, we’ll explore the city on a full day tour. We’ll visit Nelson Mandela’s former home, Soweto, and learn all about the uprisings and the resistance against the Apartheid regime whilst getting a unique insight into Soweto life.
There’ll also be some time to explore our hip and trendy neighbourhood before we head into the Kingdom of eSwatini, formally known as Swaziland. Here, we’ll spend a few days immersed in nature, staying in a stunning national reserve and you’ll have the opportunity to learn all about the unique and interesting Swazi culture and explore your adventurous side! There are also plenty of activities on offer to keep you occupied, such as hiking, horse riding, zip lining and white water rafting, to name just a few! From eSwatini, we’ll travel to Mozambique, spending a night in the capital Maputo, before we move up the coast to Tofo, a beautiful and chilled out beach town. Here we’ll eat all the seafood, take a tour to an island, get immersed in local life and relax on one of the most stunning beaches you’ll ever see! After we’ve had a few days at the beach, we’ll head back to South Africa, stopping Xai-Xai on the way to the world famous Kruger National Park. We’ll spend 2 full days on safari, including sunset and sunrise game drives, looking for the ‘Big 5’. Kruger is one of the world’s best safari destinations and you have a good chance of seeing lions, leopards and other predators, as well as elephants, giraffes and the rest of the cast of the Lion King! Leaving Kruger, we’ll visit God’s window, Bourke’s Luck Potholes and Blyde River Canyon where we’ll spend the night, before we head back to Johannesburg for our final night together. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
- 18 October – 3 November 2019
Start: Johannesburg Finish: Johannesburg Maximum Group Size: 8 people Minimum Age: 18 Physical Level: Moderate Cost: £1,995 + $1,000* (local payment paid on arrival) Deposit: £200 (non-refundable) * The local payment is a portion of your overall tour cost paid on arrival to your tour leader in US Dollars. This includes the on tour expenses that we cannot pay prior to arrival, such as national park entry fees, food, local transport and some activities.
Come with us on the adventure of a lifetime!
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
SIGN UP TO THIS TRIP BY 18TH FEBRUARY 2019 TO RECEIVE £100 OFF THIS INCREDIBLE TOUR
- Explore the cool and hip city of Johannesburg.
- Take a tour of the Soweto township, former home of Nelson Mandela, where we’ll learn about the Soweto uprisings and the resistance against the Apartheid regime.
- Eat dinner at two of Johannesburg’s restaurants and sample the fun nightlife.
- Stay at the Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, in the Ezulwini Valley (‘Valley of Heaven’), where animals often wander into camp.
- Climb the impressive Sibebe Rock, the world’s largest free standing rock after Uluru in Australia.
- Visit the Mantenga Cultural Village and get an insight into Swazi customs and enjoy traditional Swazi singing and dancing.
- Visit the Mantenga Waterfall.
- Take a guided tour of Lobamba township and village and meet some of the friendliest and welcoming people ever.
- Eat dinner at the quirky House on Fire, Swaziland’s premier entertainment venue.
- Go horse riding or mountain biking through the beautiful Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary and surrounding areas.
- Get your adrenaline pumping with white water rafting or tubing in the Great Usutu River or go abseiling, ziplining or quad biking!
- Go shopping and explore Mozambique’s cosmopolitan capital city of Maputo.
- Enjoy the Maputo nightlife.
- Eat the freshest fish and seafood at Maputo Fish Market.
- Relax, chill and party in Tofo, one of the most beautiful and awesome places in Africa (in my opinion).
- Stay at the fabulous Mozambeat Motel.
- Explore Tofo, the local markets and get clothes made my a wonderful local tailor.
- Take part in one of the many great activities on offer: an ocean safari to spot whale sharks and manta rays, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, quad biking, taking an island tour and dhow trip with snorkelling, a visit to the old Portuguese colonial city Inhambane and surfing.
- Enjoy a sunset boat cruise on the Indian Ocean.
- Spend time in Xai-Xai.
- See the magnificent Blyde River Canyon from God’s Window.
- Enjoy the activities on offer in Hoedspruit, such as hot air ballooning, microlighting and boat cruises.
- Go on a ‘Big 5’ safari in the incredible Kruger National Park.
- Enjoy the ultimate South African pastime – a braai (bbq) in Kruger National Park.
From here, we’ll visit the Mantenga Waterfall before moving on to Lobamba township and village where we will have the chance to look around and meet the local people who are some of the friendliest I’ve met in all of Africa.
Many of the local men still wear traditional dress and most of the time they’re very happy to have their photo taken wth you and will be curious to find out about where you come from too, so it’s always a wonderful day.
In the evening, we’ll go for a meal at the fabulous House on Fire, Swaziland’s premier entertainment venue which is also incredibly quirky and very photogenic!
Rock My Adventure Group Leader, comprehensive pre-departure information & planning advice.
15 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 12 dinners.
15 nights accommodation in good quality safari camps, hostels, hotels and guesthouses.
All transport within South Africa, eSwatini & Mozambique to and from included excursions and between the main destinations on the tour (includes – taxi, safari vehicle, bus & boat).
Johannesburg Tour (inc. Soweto Township Tour & Maboneng Tour) Mantenga Cultural Village Mantenga Waterfall Lobamba Township Tour House of Fire Maputo Fish Market Dhow & Snorkelling Trip Island Tour (inc. Local Lunch) Tofo Tour Sunset Cruise 2-Day Kruger National Park Safari Sundowner Game Drive South African Braai God’s Window Bourke’s Luck Potholes Blyde River Canyon
- Airport transfers (however we can arrange these for you).
- Visas (if needed).
- Medications, antimalarials or vaccinations.
- Travel/health insurance.
- Drinks & meals not mentioned.
- Optional activities.
- Transport for optional activities
- Tips for local guides.
Rock My Sierra Leone Adventure
Rock My Tanzania & Zanzibar Adventure
Rock My Morocco Adventure
ROCK MY ADVENTURE
Unforgettable small group African adventures. Experience the REAL Africa we know and love!
Rock My Adventure is a Member of: